Wednesday, October 21, 2009

the anti-climactic first post!

Well hi!  I created this blog to put all the stuff on that I don't want to bore people on Facebook with, if that makes any sense.  I think more people should have blogs for that very reason.

Anyway, to start the ball rolling, here's my to-do list for the day (and this is always in addition to my "regular chores" which are, indeed, a chore)....  This is an actual list that I wrote down over coffee this morning.  I do this almost every day.  Abby (my dazzlingly clever 6 year old) has even gotten in on it.  Sometimes she adds things to my list, and sometimes she makes her own (adorable) list.  This is my way of making sure that I don't sit around and be lazy all day, which is my total natural inclination.  When I was a new mommy, I would put things on it like, "brush teeth" and "get dressed," just so I would remember to do those things, and also so I could have something to cross off and feel that I'd accomplished something.  I'm proud to say that those things are pretty much automatic now and I've moved up to the big leagues.  Or at least the pony leagues.  ;)  So here it is, in no particular order:

Laundry
Contact MOPS girls
Mail the thing
Clean out fridge
Make bread
Call Trisha about meals
Call Andrea
See about Lia Sophia people, call Helen

Try to contain your excitement.  (That's an instruction to any hapless readers, not an item on my list.)


In reading other people's blogs, I have noticed that they're a lot more interesting with pictures, so let me put up one of my adorable kids!  (I know.......but mine really are adorable.)


See?  ;)  That's Abby and Nolan at their birthday luau last month.  Their b-days are 2 years and 8 days apart, so we usually have a big family & friends party for both of them at the same time.  I think this year was the funnest (?) one ever!  Kids were everywhere.  It was a blast!

Abby is 6 & in kindergarten, and Nolan is 4 & in preschool (2 mornings a week). More on the kids later. 

At the moment I have to....well you see my list up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment