Monday, November 2, 2009

Friends & Coffee

To do: call people about cakes, clean floors, Big Lots (?), get stamps

Not an exciting to-do list, but I'm not bored by it.  I'm so thankful that I'm able to be home and get these kinds of things done. And the fact that Abby has a day off today makes it even better!  I love having my little drop-out wannabe home for a change.  Parent-teacher conference tonight - whoa.  It's hard to believe that I have a school-age kid.  That's so "old"!!! 

Yesterday was such an emotionally "full" day.  It started with a nice little tiff with DH in the morning - over coffee.  Ahhh.  Gotta love the Sunday morning tiff.  Nothing like it to really prepare me to go worship God at church, right?   (We're buddies again, fyi.)  But it was difficult, because he was on his way to more training in Monroeville, and stayed overnight last night...so that was the last real interaction we had before he left...which stinks. 

After church, it was just the kids & I...I was using my Sunday afternoon to be totally lazy - we were all very tired.  Well I picked the wrong day not to vaccuum, because I got an unexpected (but pleasantly so!) visit from a friend bearing chocolate.  After a little small talk, she really hit me with some heavy stuff.  Our little afternoon social call turned into a major heart to heart, which I am so glad I could be there for. 

Then it was my turn...during AWANA Sunday nights, I've taken to going to everyone's favorite over-priced coffeeshop and relaxing with an engrossing book for an hour or so.  I really love that time that I have all to myself.  But I love it even more now, that some of my friends have started to join me!  I've had more amazing, uplifting, satisfying talks over the last month than I may have had all year.  That could be an exaggeration, but not by much!  I hope they continue...and that I can be as good of a listener & friend that my 3 dear friends were to me last night.  Thanks girls - I love each one of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment