Monday, May 17, 2010

From 6 to 16 in about a minute

We took Abby to the mall tonight to (gulp) get her ears pierced.  Let's just say she did much better than I did when I got mine done.  Ask my family.  They'll gladly tell you, and they'll be sure to embellish the good parts, too. 

Since the tee-ball game got canceled for tonight, Abby asked if we could take her to the mall..."to get my ears pierced, and then to play on the playground, and then to look at things we could buy."  Hmmm.  Well, we can at least do #1... So we go to the legendary Claire's Boutique.  Thank goodness they're still in our sad little Galleria, because I have no idea where else to take one wanting to get one's ears pierced.  The girl working was sooooo super nice, thank goodness!  I think she really helped Abby feel at ease, because she was pretty nervous on the way there. 

Abs chose a pair of Hello Kitty earrings.  SO cute!  Back in my day, we had the ol' 12 birthstones to choose from.  And while I'm on the subject, back in MY day, it cost $6.00 to get your ears done.  $6.00.  Before leaving the house tonight, I fished $20 out of my other purse (you know, my other purse), thinking that it would cover the earrings, and there'd be enough left for Auntie Anne's afterward.  HA, uh, yeah right.  I just about had a heart attack in the store when we turned the thing over and saw that the earrings were $29.50.  I kid you not!  And that was one of the less expensive options!   So.  Times have changed, and apparently I need to get out of the early 80's.  Maybe if I get brave, I can even venture out of the whole 1900's. 

Abby, looking a little nervous

holding back a tear or two.  She was such a big girl!

cool bag!  Maybe that explains the $29.50.

be still my heart.  She looks so GROWN UP!  

And let me tell you, she is psyched to go to school tomorrow and show all her friends! 

Maybe I can start getting out of the 80's by not using words like "psyched" anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, What a big step for Abby!!! Love Facebook!!! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete