Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Good Morning Sunshine (cleaning)!

I love being a mother.  I LOVE it.  I cherish every mother-ly job I have, everything I have the privilege to do for my kids...except one thing.  I think, even if I had 10 kids and had been through everything under the sun, I would still loathe the job of cleaning up vomit. 

Here comes the "too much info" part -

So Nolan came downstairs this morning.  He wasn't in too good of a mood, but that's not terribly unusual for my little non-morning person.  I went over to give him a hug and realized there was dry, crusty, STINKY stuff all over his pjs.  I said "Nolan, what's all over your pjs?"  He started crying and said that there was dirt in his bed.  The poor little guy!  But for the life of me I couldn't figure out what kind of "dirt" it was.  I asked him if he had thrown up, he said he didn't know (gotta love the 4-year old non-awareness), I asked if he'd had the scoobies - the Havener word for diarrhea - he said he didn't know...after getting him changed and cleaned up, I ventured into his room to see.  I nearly tossed my muffins.  Projectile vomit ALL OVER THE BED, THE WALL, THE FLOOR, THE STUFF UNDER THE BED...it made me want to just buy a whole new house. 

So I came back, armed with cleaner, a roll of paper towels, Lysol, those yellow gloves...plastic bags...the works.  All I kept thinking about was the movie "Sunshine Cleaning."  It totally felt like that - sort of.  If you've never seen it, I recommend it, but please read a review or something first so you know what you're getting into.  I was equally depressed and grossed out for an entire week after watching that one. And speaking of grossed out for a week, I think I'm in for another one after this morning.  AND, I'm pretty sure it was one of those darn cats.  Nolan seems fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment