Thursday, December 3, 2009

Is it 8:00 yet???




We heard this question every 10 minutes or so last night, from about 6:20 to 7:54.  Let me say that I am convinced (anew) that you don't have to spend a lot of money (or any at all) to make your kids happy!!!  They anticipated their "Rudolph night" with great excitement!  It was just adorable to see.  Abby was thrilled at getting to stay up late (their usual bedtime is 7:30-ish, so this was a pretty big deal) and finally get some answers to her (many) questions about Santa's most famous reindeer.  I think Nolan was just happy to get to watch TV instead of going to bed.  I asked him this morning what his favorite part of the movie was, and he said, "I liked the part when his nose was lighted up red."  How adorable is that???  Abby, on the other hand, seems to have a more multi-faceted view of the whole event.  Just a smattering of the MANY questions she asked....

"Which one is Rudolph?"
"Where did all those other little reindeers come from?" 
"Why is the abomomobomable snowman there?"
"Is he mean?" 
"Why are all those elfs singing?" 
"How did everyone get on that island?" 
"Is that a jack-in-the-box?"
"Is this fiction?"  (my personal fav)
"Are they flying all the way to the moon?" 
"Why are they going to the moon?" 

My answer to most of these questions?  "Just watch.  You'll see."  I watched this movie every single year as a child, and I swear I do not remember thinking any of these questions, let alone asking them.  But I don't mind; that's Abby.  :) 

So now I have to think of something to do for today.  I didn't exactly have anything specific planned, so I told the kids that they would get to find out their surprise at 3:00.  Hmmmm.  Greg's not home until 7:30 tonight, so dinner can be super-easy....if I can get everything done (like, instead of frittering the morning away on the computer) then maybe we can make something yummy - at least to eat a little and then freeze for later.  I got a candy thermometer and I'm all excited to use it.  I'll have to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment